Cooperation with the local self-government for heightening their quality and gender-responsible budgeting
This working direction is brought in the front during the community mobilization process, as an activity directed to bring benefits to the self-help group communities. It develops consecutively and successfully according to the results and visibility of the mobilized groups’/ community mobilization leaders’ work in the community.
In case of such developments, the groups/leaders, with the knowledge/experience and the trust gained from the community are conducting dialogues with the local self-government authorities as the official representatives of community and with the mandat of trust from it.
So is the self-government as well as the national legislation about the local self-governments conducted and improved.
The working directions include:
- Teaching (training-seminars and periodical informational and consultation meetings) formed for the self-help groups, for the local community members who are re interested and the self-government authorities; communities: the national legislation about the self-government, the accepted procedures and the participation of citizens in local self-government.;
- The self-help groups conduct a research according to an especially composed questionnaire: the profile of the topic;
- The self-help groups conduct inquiries with the population, research the problems and needs of the village; they have dialogue with the authorized representative of the community/with the coworkers and the community deputy, create a list of the most urgent needs of the village; study these matters and prepare to represent the most urgent topics to the assembly of the local, municipal self-government elective and executive branch authorities.
- The “round table” meetings are conducted in the space of the municipal self-government; the representatives of the community represent the prepared topics, the self-government authorities answer and presume considering the matters in local planning and budgeting; the “round table” format meeting is documented/reported. The report is given to the local self-government authorities among many others.
- The self-help groups monitor that the “promises” given by the authorities are actually realized.
- The topics that have made themselves clear as the most important ones from the researchs conducted by the self-help groups in the locals, are taken into account while making decisions for the grant call.