Contact person: Nino Korshia
Contact information: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Nefa Foundation on Facebook
The geographical coverage of Nefa Foundation is seaside vilages of Samegrelo and is working with 6 groups of women and 4 groups of young volunteers. Nefa Foundation has awarded 9 grants with total ammount of 5,660 Georgian Lari.
Nefa Community Foundation was established in 2012 with the support of Taso Foundation and UN Women. Before transforming into Community Foundation, Nefa Foundation has experience of working as self-help group for two years.
The goals of organization are community development, social and economic empowerment with women’s leadership; women’s participation in peace building process and spreading the culture of peace ; supporting the integration of volnurable social groups and IDPs; protecting and advocating women’s rights;supporting civic activism of youth; supporting democratic development of Georgia.
The vision of Nefa Foundation is economically strong, ecologically clean Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti, where women are equal to men in every aspect of life and is involved in regional development.
Nefa Foundation is contributing to the development of community philanthropy and womens empowerment with the support of community mobilization, facilitates the involvement of community in local decision making and budgeting, supports internally displaced people with social integration and highlighting women’s role in public diplomacy.
The main activities of Nefa Founadtion are:
- collaborating with local government;
- researching and advocating community needs;
- supporting youth activism and volunteerism;
- organizing discussions and film screening related to young girls and women’s rights;
- building knowledge regarding the women’s role in environmental protection.
Thematic work fields of Nefa foundation are following:
- Women’s Leadership;
- gender budgeting;
- domestic violence;
- reproductive rights and health;
- Working with ethnic and religious minorities;
- working with IDPs;
- Education and skills development;
- Social Campaigns;
- Women’s human rights;
- Increasing community welfare and community philanthropy;
- Working with children and adults;
- Spreading the culture of volunteerism;
- Environment protection and green activism;
- practicing bio farming;
- social entrepreneurship
Posted on May 22, 2018
by Taso Foundation