Taso Foundation conducts the following:
• making grants to support initiatives of women activists, women´s groups and organizations;
• implement operational programs; implement mixed (operational & grant-giving) projects;
• act as women´s memory research center (resource center with library and textual, photo and video archives);
• participate in policy making and act as an advocate for ensuring gender equality and women´s rights;
• prepare, publish and distribute the books including the publication of two series of TF Women´s Memory (since 2004) and Feminist Library (since 2007);
• support documentary making through grant-giving and producing documentaries;
• collaborate with other civil society organizations, media, state institutions, and participate in events of Georgian women´s movement;
• participate in global networks: Foundations for Peace Network; International Network of Women’s Funds, Philanthropy for Social Justice and Peace, International Human Rights Funders Group and International Oral History Association.
Ongoing long term Programs:
• Social mobilization of women in rural, conflict affected, IDP and ethnic minority communities: empowering women for social participation, building community resource centers for awareness and development of the communities; since 2010;
• Support social activism of community based groups of young volunteers; since 2011;
• Community Philanthropy: support the growing Network of Community Foundations (currently: 11 foundations) in their grant-giving activism; since 2012;
• Gender responsive budgeting: building collaboration between women’s groups and local government officials for considering community needs and requirements in municipal plans and budgets; since 2011;
• Raising quality of local governance through establishment of local village councils; since 2015.